Building Better Websites with WordPress
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
WordPress customization can sometimes be troublesome for new users. WIT Creative is here to help with any of your WordPress needs. Need to add custom functionality? Interested in updating the overall look and feel of your WordPress website? Look no further!
WIT Creative specializes in building better websites. We focus on a user friendly interface with a clean, modern look and feel. Every project starts with a custom design which can then be incorporated into all of your other digital and print marketing collateral.
Managing your new website is made easy with a user friendly website dashboard. You will be able to update and control all of your website content including images, text and links. Spice up your existing content with images and videos to really engage your audience!
What is WordPress
- Getting started with WordPress by setting up hosting and/or installing WordPress
- Finding or installing a WordPress theme that matches your business needs
- Locating just the right WordPress plugin to do what you need to do
- Figuring out plugin or theme functionality
- Working with image galleries
- Customizing your theme’s look and feel through CSS
- Writing and/or using functions
- Creating custom templates
- Troubleshooting tricky HTML or CSS issues
- Working with custom fields and other custom content types to create a better user interface
Security & Maintenance
- Scheduling backups
- Site performance audit: database sizes and tables, FTP file sizes and housecleaning, page load times, caching
- Recovering from a hack
- Site code audit: HTML/CSS efficiency
- Setting up security plugins and monitoring
SEO Best Practices
- Submitting your site to Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics & Tracking
- Google +
- Google My Business
- SEO Plugins and Tools
- Landing Page Optimization